Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Q: What are the sectors allowed to employ foreign workers?
2. Q: How much is the levy payment rate for each approved worker?
A: The employer must make levy payment after obtaining approval to hire foreign worker. The levy payment rate for each approved worker varies according to sector. It also varies depending on market rate and government policy.
The following rates is the reference rate (varies depending on factor as stated):
(i) Manufacturing sector RM 1,250
(ii) Construction sector RM 1,250
(iii) Plantation sector RM 590
(iv) Agriculture sector RM 410
(v) Services sector
(a) Restaurant (cooks) RM 1,850
(b) Cleaning and sanitation RM 1,850
(c) Resort islands RM 1,250
3. Q: What countries of foreign worker are approved and provided by us?
A: Foreign workers provided are from the following countries:
4. Are foreign workers from India allowed to work in the manufacturing sector?
A: No. Workers from India are allowed to work only in the Services sector (restaurants only), Construction sector (high tension cables), Agriculture sector and Plantation sector.
5. Q: Are male workers from Indonesia allowed to work in the manufacturing sector?
A: No. Male workers from Indonesia are allowed to work in all sectors except the Manufacturing sector, while female workers from Indonesia are allowed to work in all sectors.
6. Q: When does an employer need to make the levy payment and how?
A: The employer whose foreign worker application has been approved will receive approval certification and must make the levy payment within 48 hours of the date of approval.
7. Q: Are foreign workers allowed to work as cashiers?
A: No. Foreign workers are not allowed to work as front-line workers.
8. Q: What is the criterion in determining the number of foreign workers allowed?
A: Approval for the intake of foreign workers is given based on the actual requirement of the employer/company.
Call Us Now!
Foreign Worker Supply / General Inquiry:
+60 11 2607 4035 (Andy)